Who We Are and What We Do
Jonny and Friends for Autism, JAFFA, is a group founded in London running a centre in Acra, Ghana. We provide information, advice and support for children and adults affected by special needs, especially autism. Through our services we will:
- Talk with parents and professionals to help make informed decisions when caring for and working with children on the autism spectrum and those with associated disabilities.
- Work with relevant agencies to ensure that the needs of children with autism and their families are fulfilled and their voice is heard within the community.
- Form links with medical staff, carers and families to diagnose symptoms and inform families of appropriate care.
- Act as an intermediary between parents, schools and other professionals.
- After establishing our advisory service, we will use the centre for more drop-in activities and to provide respite care for children and their families.
JAFFA’s building in Acra.
Leave a Reply